Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why We Workout

Do you ever get asked "why do you workout so much?" or "why do you enjoy working out?"  Do you have answers for these questions?

For me working out is my 'cup of coffee'.  I need to 'have' it or I don't feel right.  As for why I workout the way I do...I do set goals for myself.  My goal for 2010 was to loose all the baby weight from both my kids and get back to where I was before I had them.  For 2011 my biggest goal was to be able to do unassisted pull-ups.  My goal for 2012 is even greater and it is what drives me through each and every one of my workouts.

If you don't know why you are working out, take a moment and think about it - if you set a goal for yourself, you will find that you work harder and will get more satisfaction out of each session.  Once you reach that goal, set another one.

Now onto the hard work.  Push yourself through the cardio portion of this workout as hard as you can and then lift chest, triceps and shoulders (click on the Strength Training Circuits heading to the right).

No Burpees today - my gift to you :)

Warm up for 3-5 minutes

QUICK CARDIO - go thru 3x
25 Jumping Jacks
5 Pushups
26 Mountain Climbers
5 Push Ups
25 Squat Jumps or Fast Squats
5 Pushups
25 Plank Jacks
5 Pushups
26 Jump Lunges or Reverse Lunges
5 Pushups

REMEMBER - TRAIN WITH INTENTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment